10/14/08

I'm Sure We're Both In Disbelief

Your team lost.  My team lost.  Our teams both lost at home.  Your team is now a bit bad off.  My team's fate balances upon the edge of a blade, stray but a little and it will fail.  At least you had the sweet mercy of not even getting to believe for a moment your team really had a chance.  My team let the lead slip two times by bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bullpen usage...


Home runs given up by relievers killed us.  I was queasy when Torre brought in Cory Wade.  I commented to Puck that, 'he's worked the last three games in mostly multiple innings...he's getting the Scott Proctor treatment and he's not going to be effective'. 

Looks to be a rays phillies world series.  How ugly does that sound?

2 Comments:

Bizut said...

Rays vs. Phillies is pretty ugly indeed. Not as ugly as Wakefield's performance so far, though. 3 runs in the first. *sigh*

Bizut said...

Well, the Phillies lived up to their half of the bargain. The Rays should finish off the Sox tonight. *sigh*